Jeremy Brake

My photography is about finding things to be nostalgic about in the everyday. To realise that the world is constantly changing around us, and if we don’t preserve the small parts of beauty that still exist, they may go away forever. I’m a humanist. I believe that every person on the planet is capable of being the basis for a beautiful work of art.  My photographs are a record of how I felt when confronting the world in front of me. I take photographs to understand myself better and to figure out what it is that I want to cherish for future generations. Through photography I search for beauty in the small fraction of the world around me. I’m a firm believer that the act of searching for beauty is 90% of the challenge when it comes to finding it. The other 10% being luck. I’m like a reproducer, a hired servant to do the nitty gritty work of molding clay for the artist that is life itself. I leave my own little impressions and markings on the final product, transformed through my camera to create a final image that’s a window into the world around me, and a mirror back to my inner thoughts and emotions.